Should I buy Acer Aspire E5-572G?

mosesr

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015
Hi Guys,

Hope you all doing well.
I am planning to purchase 'Acer Aspire E5-572G'. Specification given below. After lot of study, I have shortlisted this model considering the configuration. Price is $476 as of March 31, 2017.

I will be doing my programming work, bit of gaming on weekends such as Euro Truck Simulator 2, GTA V (low or medium settings considering GPU power) and watching movies. Do you think for all these task, it would be right choice? Also correct me if I am missing anything in gaming area, which is I will be able to play these 2 games on low or medium or high after turning down some settings and if there any other new action games I can play. Any suggestion, comments, guidance will be appreciated because I am in confusion right now even though I had mentioned I am planning to purchase in the beginning.

Acer Aspire E5-572G-525V
Core i5 4210M
4GB RAM
1TB HDD
2gb NVIDIA® GeForce 940M Graphics

And yes, if this model supports Win 7 X64 drivers along with Linux. I heard people complaining about Win 7 drivers. I do not wish to install Win 10.

Thanks and have a great day!!
Moses

pretty sure this model doesnt have windows 7 support on acer official site(correct me if i am wrong)if it comes with windows 8 then stick with it if you dont want to upgrade to windows 10.for your usage this should be a good buy though.slap in another 4gb ram it will be much better.

mosesr

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015

I am getting this model with Linux at $476. Will dual boot Win 8 and Linux Mint if purchased. So you think it is good for programming, gaming and watching movies. Yes, I will add 8GB more RAM than 4GB to make it future proof for atleast next 5 years.

if your only concern is light gaming(not triple AAA stuff on max settings 1080p) and programming/editing it should do you well for that price range.it should last you a long time if that is your only target of usage.

mosesr

Estimable
Jun 1, 2015

Yes, that's the plan. Regarding Win 7 driver, it is available on Acer website, I will give it a shot else have to settle with Win 10 than Win 8. I am not sure about heating issue with this laptop while playing game considering I live in tropical country where temperature hovers around 35 C to 40 C in summer. What do you think about it? Thanks for all your replies, it does clears the doubts I have.

pretty sure the cooling will be good on that model.i give my lil brother the same model for his birthday and the temps never exceed 70c for both cpu and gpu.so go for it.btw i live in an equatorial climate.