Should I buy an expensive laptop?

Solution
Instead of saying if HP is good or not, I will just tell you my experience with a HP laptop. I'm currently using a HP Envy 14 laptop with i7-4510U and GTX 850M. I bought it at 2015 for $850 and it still works great. The build quality is good. The chassis doesn't flex much. It's thin, at 2.2cm. The screen is 1080p with a matte TN panel. It has poor viewing angles but I think it's okay because it's a matte TN panel. Despite the fact that it's a matte TN panel, the color reproduction is good and it gets very bright, able to be operated under direct sunlight. The screen is protected with Gorilla Glass 3 and it's awesome. I was plugging the power cord to a power source when suddenly, I accidentally swinged the cord and the cord hit my screen...

IDProG

Estimable
Jul 6, 2016
It's impressive for a cheap gaming laptop, but the build quality won't last you 7 years IMO. Consider HP Envy 13T, Asus UX306, and Lenovo ones for a better build quality, again, IMO.

Ahmed-173

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016

Will it be the same price on laptops too? how is that? I have seen laptops with GTX 970 and around 400$ more expensive.

Ahmed-173

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016

I tried going for a lenovo model with these specs and I couldn't find it anywhere, why would it last though?
Also, the HP one doesn't seem really good for gaming, or is it?

Samer1970

Estimable
Oct 23, 2014

yes it will be the same price , because it replaces the old model.

gtx 1070M is also coming and will be the same price of gtx 970m

if you are in a hurry , this is better , it has ips screen and cheaper

http://www.jarir.com/sa-en/computers-peripherals/laptops/acer-vn7-592g-747c-laptops-452639.html

IDProG

Estimable
Jul 6, 2016
Instead of saying if HP is good or not, I will just tell you my experience with a HP laptop. I'm currently using a HP Envy 14 laptop with i7-4510U and GTX 850M. I bought it at 2015 for $850 and it still works great. The build quality is good. The chassis doesn't flex much. It's thin, at 2.2cm. The screen is 1080p with a matte TN panel. It has poor viewing angles but I think it's okay because it's a matte TN panel. Despite the fact that it's a matte TN panel, the color reproduction is good and it gets very bright, able to be operated under direct sunlight. The screen is protected with Gorilla Glass 3 and it's awesome. I was plugging the power cord to a power source when suddenly, I accidentally swinged the cord and the cord hit my screen (the cord is as heavy as a 5" smartphone). Nothing happened. No scratches whatsoever. The keyboard has a good actuation distance, it's decent for a keyboard. The trackpad is good, but it gets dirty easily. The speakers are great, but don't get very loud. The drive is a HDD, but it's surprisingly fast. It needs 10 seconds to go to the "welcome" screen from off. Under load, the laptop doesn't get hot at all. The keyboard is pretty cool. The air vent is really hot, but it's to be expected. The bottom right side of the chassis (where the CPU is located) is a little bit hotter than the rest of the chassis, but not compromising.

Solution

Ahmed-173

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016

Haha I had this in mind but currently it out of stock in all jarir bookstores, on the one on display is availiable which is a no for me.
Also, what about this one? http://www.jarir.com/sa-en/hp-pavilion-15-bc000nx-laptops-460622.html

Ahmed-173

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016

Thanks a lot man I mught actually get this one.

Samer1970

Estimable
Oct 23, 2014

Then its better to wait. that Dell is not good ... new stocks will come .. and for 7 years ? wait for the gtx 1060m notebook.