Should I buy an SP5 or SP6?

phoenix559

Estimable
Nov 14, 2014
I currently own an SP3 that is about to kick the bucket. I was waiting for the Microsoft presentation to see what the SP6 offered, and it seems to be nothing more than using newer processors when compared to the SP5 (8th gen vs 7th gen). I was shopping around and noticed that Costco has both on their website. The SP5 is $1099.99 (until10/13) and the SP6 is $1329.99. Is the difference in processors worth the $330 difference?

I typically use my SP3 for lesson planning, surfing the web, watching videos, playing games (I usually stream from my gaming PC, but when it used to be able to handle some games, I used the surface to play the games) and recently obtained a copy of Corel painter essentials 6 and some Bob Ross videos ( from humble bundle) and would like to use it to "paint" from time to time. So for my needs, which one should I go for?

phoenix559

Estimable
Nov 14, 2014

Yeah, that's kinda the way I'm leaning right now. if I felt my SP3 would last until next year when they're supposedly revamping the surface pro's, I would wait, but sadly I doubt that will be the case.