Should I buy the Google Pixel 8a now or wait for the Pixel 9? Here's the case for each

Feb 18, 2024
This is an easy one. If you are willing to spend $1,000 and/or are used to always buying the Pro model then hold out for the Pixel 9 Pro. If you have no desire to spend that much and would prefer "best bang for the buck", but the Pixel 8a, you won't be disappointed.

With the deals and good trade-in values, the Pixel 8a will be incredibly affordable so if price and value are important to you, go 8a.

But if you are like me and always make use of the premium features and can rationalize the price difference, hold out for the 9 or 9 Pro.

Keep in mind, when the 9 is released, Figure will likely provide really good trade-in values which can help with your purchase. For example, I got $400 back on my trade-in of my Pixel 6 Pro when I bought my Pixel 8 Pro and Google was giving out a FREE Pixel Watch 2 so it was worth it to me.

ZeroChill

Great
Mar 3, 2024
Don't buy either if these if you can help it. They shouldn't even be making the 9 unless their plan is to continue to damage the Pixel line's reputation. They should have skipped 9 and went straight to 10 when the new chips are ready and made sure all the hardware is good and stable.

Reactions: kdarty