Should I buy this Alienware M18x R2?

bogman99

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
I am looking at purchasing an Alienware M18x R2. It has 24gb ram and dual gtx680's with about 500gb ssd and an i7 2.7gh processor. I've been informed that the sound goes out intermittently and may throw a DOS error intermittently but none of that affects any other aspect of the laptop and might be remedied with BIOS/Driver updates. The price is around $900. Should I buy?

jacobnestell

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
I'd say if you know that's all that's wrong with it and you know the hardware is sound and the warranty is in tact. I'd go for it when you do get it, re-install windows along with updating bios and fresh sets of drivers. That might solve the dos errors, The sound throwing out might be a sound card if it even has one. But other than that it sounds good. If worst comes to worst just use the warranty and send it in!

jacobnestell

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Since, its a laptop and an alienware. I really doubt it but there is hope. This guy contacted alienware asking about it. I wish you luck!

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/cpu-gpu-upgrades-on-alienware-m18x-r2.673216/