Should I cancel Startup Repair?

TheShiningRod

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014
Hello all, I recently replaced my fan and heatsink on my laptop (HP elitebook 6930p). Whilst doing this I foolishly removed my HDD cover in an attempt to find some screws. I replaced everything alright, but when I powered up, startup repair activated... I'm thinking this is due to my HDD. Been on SR for 22 minutes. I have a 240gb hd. Should I cancel SR and re-seat the HDD? Thanks.

PS. My laptop has been unused for roughly a month while I waited for parts etc.

Solution
What happened with this? Surely you have done something with it?

I hope you let it complete its startup recovery process and then backed out of it. Please let us know what happened so in the future if someone finds this, we will know what happened and maybe how to avoid any mistakes. Keep us updated! I hope it all works out for you.

pcmagic

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
What happened with this? Surely you have done something with it?

I hope you let it complete its startup recovery process and then backed out of it. Please let us know what happened so in the future if someone finds this, we will know what happened and maybe how to avoid any mistakes. Keep us updated! I hope it all works out for you.

Solution

TheShiningRod

Estimable
Oct 21, 2014
I didn't let it finish, I pushed cancel. But my laptop turned on just fine and runs better than ever; I idle at 23. I guess it's routine for windows 7 to run SR after components are reseated.