Should I Connect My USB Flash Drive To My TV Or Bluray Player?

Akhilcool

Honorable
Feb 12, 2012
Hi,

I have recently put a movie (Despicable Me) on my USB flash drive so that I can watch it on my 3D TV (Samsung ES8000) and I was wondering if I should attach it to my bluray player or directly into my TV.

See I have already used both of them before and I know that they will both work fine but I was wondering if it would be better in terms of quality or performance, if I connected it to my TV instead of my bluray player or vice versa. The movie BTW is a 3D HD 1080p MKV file that I have split using a software called mkvmerge because both devices only support FAT32 formatted USB devices so I was limited in file size to 4GB.

Anyways, can you guys kindly tell me if it would be better to connect the USB to my TV, or to my bluray player instead?

Solution
Should be no difference in either way to connect it.

Since you already tried it both ways, why ask here? Look at the movie and see if you can tell any difference yourself. If not, hook it up whichever way you feel like it.

Akhilcool

Honorable
Feb 12, 2012

Well the reason I am asking is because unless I am able to somehow simultaneously split screen a feed from both the TV and bluray player, I have no way of comparing. But I guess it will probably be about the same. Thanks!