Should i get the Lenovo y50-70 for a nice price?

jeezygy

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014
Okok, i found this ad online regarding the Lenovo Y50-70,
The guy is selling it new in the box so it's unopened and he is selling it for 595$
I know the lenovo screen is terrible, it has bad viewing angles and the colours is washed out and stuff but due the price i'm maybe going to replace the monitor to a isp monitor as it's not hard to replace it.

I'm mostly going to watch youtube,movies and twitch and other stuff, and sometimes play games like minecraft or something.

So is this worth buying?
And yes i know about desktops and stuff but i really need something like this.

Solution
I just ordered the ASUS GL551. And of course the Y50 came up a lot as in comparison. At that price if new, replacing the screen would be worth it at just 100 if you really hate the screen.

Dean Earls

Honorable
May 19, 2013
I just ordered the ASUS GL551. And of course the Y50 came up a lot as in comparison. At that price if new, replacing the screen would be worth it at just 100 if you really hate the screen.

Solution

jeezygy

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014

Yeah so i should absolutly get it?
I know what screen i would get if i needed to replace it i searched it up and everybody used the same screen to replace it with but i also saw this;

Hi guys

I own a Lenovo Y50 Touch and the screen out of the box, yes, seems pale and washed out and many think that the problem is the led.
However, i found a 'fix', turns out that the saturation needs some tweaking, that's all.
How? Right click on desktop and select Intel properties. From there select display (like duh!!!) and then color. Then select advanced settings and i suggest saturation no higher than 50.
Definitely does the trick

Even tho he has the Touch screen panel this solution may also work on the non-touch screen.

Dean Earls

Honorable
May 19, 2013
Yea when researching the GL551 I found many reviews slating the screen but many others saying it was fine.. it all comes down to preference. I actually prefer it that people find it hard to see my screen for added privacy.

If you trust the seller go for it.. Just make sure the deal is legit it seems a little good to be true.