Should I replace motherboard or buy the same phone again?

werem

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, it had some charging problems, I replaced usb port and it fixed it for a while but one night I left it to charge and in the morning phone didn't respond to charger or power button being pressed, I borrowed full battery from my friend to see if I should buy a new one but it didn't want to power on even with a charged one, guy at repair shop says it's most likely the motherboard and I would be better off just buying a new phone but I would like to repair it since S4 is a really good phone for it's price. Now the question is - should I repair it or look for a new phone? I don't want to spend more than $70 and ones cheaper than that are worse. How likely is it that after replacing motherboard everything will work fine again? Btw buying used S4 wouldn't be much more expensive so I have to decide whether I want a new motherboard which would be fast but not sure if working or used phone that works but is probably slower.

werem

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018

It doesn't, no reaction from power button or anything

werem

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018

There are but leaving it for someone to repair it would be more expensive than buying used S4