Should I set up my 7.1 system to my room or keep it where it is?

Rvn

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015
Hello!
I just got a 7.1 audio system(or actually 2 subs that just use the same signal) working by using a Logitech Z506 and Z313 systems together. I use the 313 satellites as my front speakers and 506 speakers as rear and back and center. Both subs are currently under my table. But i'm moving my stuff upstairs to my own room, that is fairly small and I wonder should I transfer that audio setup. Here is a brief layout of my room drawn with paint (Hail my paint skills!) :p
QPYBlCT.jpg

I have kind of already planned where I will put my back speakers, the front stuff is pretty obvious, except for the subs. Where shall I place em? And also I have no idea where to place the side/rear speakers. And should I put my back and rear speakers on the same height level with the front ones, on some kind of a little post or shelf? And should I place them back there far away? And btw, the front speakers and chair are pretty perfectly in line with the back ones, not likes half a meter off likes in the picture. Its just my skills.

I would appreciate if someone drew where I should place my speakers, or at least explained me. Or should I at all? I'd like to :)

Since there is no layout I will do the best I can. The side and rear speakers should be above you head (as they are in a movie theater). The side speakers parallel to your seating position. The back surrounds as far back as you can but just so long as they are behind you facing towards you not each other that should be fine.
Subs will depend on room acoustics so try different placements. For maximum volume the front corners would give you the most but might be boomy. A trick is to put the sub where your chair is and try listening to the bass at the potential placement locations. The location that sound best is where you put the sub. You can put them both at the same location.

Rvn

Estimable
Jul 10, 2015

Thanks for answering. Do you mean I should mount my side AND back speakers on the wall as close to the roof as possible? Well, I have a new problem. My room is upstairs and the roof is lowering one way so one of my side speakers will end up being 1 meter high where the other one will be 2 meters high because I can't mount it on the door... Here's an url for the layout pic: http://i.imgur.com/QPYBlCT.jpg Hope it works now.
The roof lowers from right to left and starts pretty much from where the Left Back Speaker is on the pic. It lowers all the way from about 2m high to about 1m high, so I won't be able to mount my side speakers that good :( How could I work around this issue?
Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS