Should I stream on Twitch.tv or Youtube Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenslaster2980

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014
I'm a smaller Youtuber with 73 subs, and I honestly don't know where to stream.
I like Youtube because that's where my main "fanbase" is. But copyright from simply playing a cutscene from Black Ops 3 Zombies, my stream gets hit off because of copyright.
But Twitch is nice because you can play music (and not get copyrighted), use the cutscenes. But I can't easily get the stream on my laptop to edit.
So what should I use?

Solution
I don't know how to put this nicely, so i'm just gonna say it. :(
When it comes to streaming, there will be very minimal interest in your stream if A. Your fanbase isn't dedicated, or B. Your fanbase isn't large enough.
With 73 subscribers (24 according to a quick google search of your username) you're not going to attract much attention when you stream, making an investment into streaming equipment for a start very costly for not very many results in terms of attention or revenue.

Just a few tips, try to improve the quality of your videos by: Adding in ingame sound effects/music on low, not acting so tense, being more relaxed, BE YOURSELF! :)
This will improve your video quality much more, even if you just add an intro or change your...

Chugalug_

Estimable
I don't know how to put this nicely, so i'm just gonna say it. :(
When it comes to streaming, there will be very minimal interest in your stream if A. Your fanbase isn't dedicated, or B. Your fanbase isn't large enough.
With 73 subscribers (24 according to a quick google search of your username) you're not going to attract much attention when you stream, making an investment into streaming equipment for a start very costly for not very many results in terms of attention or revenue.

Just a few tips, try to improve the quality of your videos by: Adding in ingame sound effects/music on low, not acting so tense, being more relaxed, BE YOURSELF! :)
This will improve your video quality much more, even if you just add an intro or change your name to something catchier rather than a bunch of numbers afterwards.
I understand wanting to get your content out there, but again, as I said, not a very good economic investment given your current situation. Grow your channel a bit before getting into streaming, as a laptop isn't going to cut it to render and edit video if you want to upload to Youtube from a twitch VOD, like a montage of stream moments etc.

A good opportunity is streaming live on Twitch however, as this may attract more viewers to your channel if they see it, however it is a much different environment from just recording videos, as people will be monitoring you in real time, and you will have to interact with them via chat.
On top of this, you'll need to set up stuff like paypal, subscriber sounds and lists etc.
A good start to Twitch streaming is paying an artist to make a splash art for your channel description to make you seem official.
But yeah, if you were to choose between the two, Twitch is the better choice due to as you said copyright issues with youtube, and easier access for fans.
Just post a video on your channel linking your twitch page and putting out a stream schedule if you do it regularly.
Good luck with your channel man! :)

Solution

Tenslaster2980

Estimable
Feb 16, 2014

Thanks for the detailed explanation. And I moved to a different channel that has 73 subs.
I'll give Twitch a few tries..hopefully it'll help.

Chugalug_

Estimable

No problem! :)
Good luck with your channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.