Kevin Espiritu

Estimable
Jun 7, 2014
Hello. This thread is about answering a question that has been going around my mind for quite some time now and it's about upgrading my 2.1 channel speakers to 5.1 surround sound which i use with my computer. I have this thing about speakers that i like it to really sound good with some powerful bass - well of course, who wouldn't like good sounds and powerful bass.

So i have this 2.1 channel speakers which is "Altec Lansing ACS 45.1" and I was thinking about getting the "Logitech Z906" for me to finally upgrade from 2.1 to 5.1. I've spent some time researching more about speakers and bass. Even though i have found results, I still can't decide if it is a big upgrade for me going from 20w to 165w in terms of subwoofer or will the "Logitech Z906" produce a clear loud sound better than my "Altec Lansing ACS 45.1" or should i be looking forward to choosing some other brand and model instead of the "Logitech Z906" that sounds and produces powerful bass.

P.S. My room is 20' x 15'. Will it still produce the best output if i put it at the 4 corners of my room?

What do you guys think? I want your opinion on this matter.

-Kevin Espiritu

Solution
you will notice a significant difference. If you want high bass output, yes a corner of your room would be best for the sub, you may need to experioment as to where it sounds best as putting it in a corner can produce boomy bass, rather trhan clear bass. The speakers should be placed depending on your seating position, follow this guide:
http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/setup/connection-guide/home-theater-speaker-guide/index.html?utm_source=lifehacker+newsletter&utm_campaign=afe89e671b-ua-142218-1&utm_medium=email

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
you will notice a significant difference. If you want high bass output, yes a corner of your room would be best for the sub, you may need to experioment as to where it sounds best as putting it in a corner can produce boomy bass, rather trhan clear bass. The speakers should be placed depending on your seating position, follow this guide:
http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/setup/connection-guide/home-theater-speaker-guide/index.html?utm_source=lifehacker+newsletter&utm_campaign=afe89e671b-ua-142218-1&utm_medium=email

Solution