Should I use my Asus laptop for heavy gaming?

May 17, 2018
Hi, I have an Asus VivoBook Pro 15 N580VD (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-Pro-15-N580vd/), i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050. I play NFS Most Wanted 2012 on it on highest settings and it runs smoothly, but the laptop body above the keyboard gets very hot and sometimes after continuous play, Speedfan shows Temp1 of about 80 degrees C (82 has been the highest so far after about an hour of playing). I would also like to play similar racing games from several years ago, nothing too recent.

Asus describes the laptop as "perfect for gaming", which it has been so far, but I'm concerned about what this heat may cause in the long run. The laptop is also very thin, which maybe puts it in the "Ultrabook" category, which means that cooling is harder. Is there some limit of how long is advisable to play per day (1 hour max? 2 hours max?)

I read that temperatures of 80 -90 degrees are pretty normal for laptops during gaming, but I am kind of concerned if the heating is constant, it may do some damage to the hardware over time. I'd certainly like to keep using the laptop for a long time. Any advice would be appreciated.

Solution
its a gaming laptop its made to run hard made by a very good manufacturer the one I use all the time just enjoy it I should not worry about it have fun the temps are normal should last a long while.

RARRAF

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2007
its a gaming laptop its made to run hard made by a very good manufacturer the one I use all the time just enjoy it I should not worry about it have fun the temps are normal should last a long while.

Solution