Should You Use a Password Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xenol

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
While I like password managers, there's just one thing I wish they'd do: two-step verification. I do have a lot of my important accounts locked behind two-step verifications where possible, I do want it for my manager as well.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
While I like password managers, there's just one thing I wish they'd do: two-step verification. I do have a lot of my important accounts locked behind two-step verifications where possible, I do want it for my manager as well.

KeePass does have two-step and three-step verification. You can use either password verification, file verification or windows login verification.

c123456

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014

KeePass does have two-step and three-step verification. You can use either password verification, file verification or windows login verification.

File verification being probably the best since you can create an arbitrarily large file of randomness and save it on a flash drive. At this point you can require KeePass to use two factor authentication (something you know and something you have).

Xivilain

Estimable
Apr 16, 2014
If your company makes you use 650+ passwords actively, then maybe you should reconsider your line of work at said company.

spoidz

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
So are there any password managers or systems that two-step key from physical security devices like fingerprint readers?

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012

A lot of them do use two-step verification. Dashlane uses Google Authenticator.

c123456

Honorable
Feb 3, 2014

A lot of them do use two-step verification. Dashlane uses Google Authenticator.

There's a big different between two-step verification and two factor verification. The former being nonsense. Simple google search answers this for ya: http://security.stackexchange.com/a/41965

Status
Not open for further replies.