shut down armstrong internet fŕom my Samsung 8

Solution

That functionality (Remote administration), is almost certainly turned OFF in your router settings.
For good reason.

You being able to access it from outside means that someone else might be able to as well.

However...some ISPs allow access to some router functions through your account...the same place where you pay the monthly bill.

Also, does the router have a Parental Control function? Often, you can setup a time schedule.
Only ON between the hours of X and Y, for individual devices.
This is more personal / parenting issue rather than technical...

- If one believes XFinity TV ads, you can control everyone access from a smartphone app.
- There are many companies that provide over-the-internet controllable power sockets (commonly called "smart plug"). I have one of these, and I can control it from outside my home with their Android / iOS app. Connect your router to it. When you go home, reconnect it (yes, kind of suicide...) But if your son understands how this work, he can simply bypass it.
- Check whether your router supports remote management over WAN port.

USAFRet

Illustrious

That functionality (Remote administration), is almost certainly turned OFF in your router settings.
For good reason.

You being able to access it from outside means that someone else might be able to as well.

However...some ISPs allow access to some router functions through your account...the same place where you pay the monthly bill.

Also, does the router have a Parental Control function? Often, you can setup a time schedule.
Only ON between the hours of X and Y, for individual devices.

Solution