Siberia V2 suspention wires broke.

CrownWinner

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
Hi, recently the suspension wires on my Siberia v2 broke and i'm wondering how to connect them together again without it being bulky, as it has to go back and forth between a small opening. I have tried superglue but it didin't seem to hold.

Picture:
SQufO4J.jpg

Solution
best fix? replacing the wire with something. finding a piece of spring steel for low cost however is not going to be easy.

next best thing? probably to sleeve the connection between the two. something with a tight press fit to bridge the connection. you could always crimp it a bit to hold it in position. you will lose flexibility in that portion but at least it would not be broken.

no type of glue will work. they will all break/shear. only sleeving will work whether its with metal, a piece of plastic tubing, wrapping with tape, wrapping with cloth+epoxy, etc. any sort of tube/sleeve will work (with different effectiveness depending on type of course)
best fix? replacing the wire with something. finding a piece of spring steel for low cost however is not going to be easy.

next best thing? probably to sleeve the connection between the two. something with a tight press fit to bridge the connection. you could always crimp it a bit to hold it in position. you will lose flexibility in that portion but at least it would not be broken.

no type of glue will work. they will all break/shear. only sleeving will work whether its with metal, a piece of plastic tubing, wrapping with tape, wrapping with cloth+epoxy, etc. any sort of tube/sleeve will work (with different effectiveness depending on type of course)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS