Sick of my current headset, need some advice.

TheSoftTaco

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
As of right now I have a Logitech G930, and I do really like it. But there's two problems: I've had the headset not charge 3 times and had to get it replaced, and I'm not a fan of the mic quality. Any suggestions for awesome mic and sound quality? I know there is a wired version of the G930, which is what I'm looking at, along with the steel series Siberia v3.

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
I don't know about sound quality (I'm not audiophile) but I can vouch for the Siberia V3's (or rather, V2, but they're basically identical). Very comfortable and really no complaints - additionally, my set has lasted over 2 years now, which is a miracle for headsets it seems.

sportsfanboy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2008
i don't know what your budget is, but i would look into a set of cans from Sennheiser. they make some great quality headphones like the hd598 or the 600 series and up, so i can only guess they would make some nice gaming cans as well.

also, from a pure audio stand point, it is all but guaranteed that the Sennheisers will sound better than the logitech headset unless you buy a real cheap model.

NDukes

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
I too have pondered the best headsets. After building a custom gaming computer, I've found a LOT of good headsets. It doesn't hurt to check amazon every once in a while, I kept reminding myself. I've seen some pretty good sets, what's your price range? I see a lot go for around 30 bucks, but if you really want some GOOD head sets, for a higher price, of course, I recommend razer megalodon. While I've seen some of these headsets sell for a highest price of 486 dollars, I've also seen some go for under 20$ Search around, maybe you'll get a good deal. Most sell for 100-130$ If you have the money for it, all the boosts and buttons for maximum effect are well worth your while.

A few other good choices are:
Sades SA-708 Sterio Around 18-40$ Very fashionable, and you can get all the necessities. I listed it because in my opinion, it's the most reliable for a cheap price.
Turtle Beach These are the kinds of headsets that you hear people boasting the quality of.
While I think this one was already listed, yes, the Sennheiser headsets are an excellent choice.
You might also like the Razer kraken. It's like the mega, but less expensive. [Notable difference in quality comparing the two].

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
^ Old thread... that $15 headset looks like it belongs in a Mcdonald's happy meal. It's better buy a pair of decent stereo headphones with a wide soundstage and attatch a mic to them. Much better choice in terms of sound and build quality than falling prey to subpar gaming headsets (few exceptions, such as the hyperx cloud) which are overpriced and not worth the money you pay for them.

NDukes

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

The one "that looks like it belongs in a mcdonald's happy meal" is just in my opinion one of my favourites.
"I listed it because in my opinion, it's the most reliable for a cheap price"