Solved! Signal information on Yamaha AV Receiver RX-V483 linked to Samsung 4K UHD

andrejtmk

Commendable
Dec 27, 2018
Hello!
I have connected the Yamaha RX-V483 to my TV (Samsung NU7402 4K UHD) via HDMI Arc setup. I believe that everything is okay, but Signal information on my Yamaha receiver is puzzling.
Namely, I am playing a 4K video on YouTube with 5.1 surround (Elysium movie trailer, but I've also checked on a couple of 4K HDR Movies with 5.1 on NEtflix and I get the same information) and when I check Signal information on my receiver it says:
1. Dolby Digital (That's fine I guess)
2. Channel 3/2/0.1 (I am not sure about this? I have a home theater with a center, two front and two rear speakers and a subwoofer)
3. Sampling 48 KHz (Is this okay?)
4. Video in is set to "---" whatever that means
5. Video out is HDMI 1080p (this is my biggest problem. Why 1080p when I have a 4K TV and I am watching 4K content? Is this okay? Am I watching 4k or not at the moment?)

Please advise.

Solution
I believe that I've found a solution. I forgot to mention that my PS4 Pro was connected directly to the TV. I've decided to it plug it directly to the Yamaha AV Receiver and voila. The Signal information says Video out is 4k on PS4 and when I watch YouTube and Netflix 4k videos.

andrejtmk

Commendable
Dec 27, 2018
I believe that I've found a solution. I forgot to mention that my PS4 Pro was connected directly to the TV. I've decided to it plug it directly to the Yamaha AV Receiver and voila. The Signal information says Video out is 4k on PS4 and when I watch YouTube and Netflix 4k videos.

Solution