Significant FPS and quality drop when laptop connected to external monitor.

ldinatale123

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
I’ve been getting issues with my laptop where when I connected it to an external display I get very significant quality drops. I connect my laptop (gtx 1070 and i7 6700k) to an asus 144hz monitor and to a dock which connects my other peripherals and devices. I usually place my laptop on the side with the lid closed, I’ve tried leaving the lid open but it doesn’t really make any difference. I’ve turned off all other power functions (low power mode, etc) but still nothing. Any help?

Solution
Check if your laptop uses the nVIdia card when it uses the external monitor connection. Some systems use the Intel video with external ports. You are using the same resolution and refresh rate for both configurations right? If not, the test is not really valid.
Check if your laptop uses the nVIdia card when it uses the external monitor connection. Some systems use the Intel video with external ports. You are using the same resolution and refresh rate for both configurations right? If not, the test is not really valid.

Solution