Simon Pegg Shrinks, Roasts Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
WOW... Celebrities with pictures of themselves and some kind of Apple product...

What's next? Snapshots of Larry the Cable Guy listening to music on his iPod?

dtemple

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
I love articles like this that are only related to technology because someone is making fun of an electronic product. This was so informative and helps me make better decisions on what to buy and how to use the electronics I have. Thank you Tom's.

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Wow, the readers who comment have sure been snarky lately. Some act like they had to read the artical as assigned reading and it's Toms fault.

timaeus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hahaha, half the comments are bashing the article, the other half are bashing the other comments. I'm gonna go grab some popcorn, this should be fun :p

malekith2k5

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
[citation][nom]MCMunroe[/nom]Wow, the readers who comment have sure been snarky lately. Some act like they had to read the artical as assigned reading and it's Toms fault.[/citation]
No I think the problem is that some readers are still remembering the day when toms was a hardware site and didn't just regurgitate random news it found elsewhere. For the most part I'm not even sure why I bother coming here any longer - I could have got this information from a non-tech site if I really cared (which I don't because, wait for it, .....I came here to read some hardware news!).

dtemple

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
[citation][nom]malekith2k5[/nom]No I think the problem is that some readers are still remembering the day when toms was a hardware site and didn't just regurgitate random news it found elsewhere. For the most part I'm not even sure why I bother coming here any longer - I could have got this information from a non-tech site if I really cared (which I don't because, wait for it, .....I came here to read some hardware news!).[/citation]
This. They should rename the site Tom's Media Regurgitators if they're gonna post stuff like this. My previous comment was basically saying that I come here for advice on electronics, not to find out that some random British comedian is making fun of the iPad. The iPad gets made fun of here anyway, why do we need an entire article dedicated to saying "Hey look, this comedian is making fun of the iPad too!"
I just miss the days of coming here and having at least one or two articles a day to read about computer hardware or software or some horrible virus that has just come out or something like that. Those articles are now only written here once a week if I'm lucky.

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
[citation][nom]malekith2k5[/nom]No I think the problem is that some readers are still remembering the day when toms was a hardware site and didn't just regurgitate random news it found elsewhere. For the most part I'm not even sure why I bother coming here any longer - I could have got this information from a non-tech site if I really cared (which I don't because, wait for it, .....I came here to read some hardware news!).[/citation]
I guess you, like me, still come because once in a while there is an interesting hardware article that shows up on the site. But you are right, the serious readers have mostly moved on to anandtech.com

Status
Not open for further replies.