Single core cpus are very slow on facebook apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamui4697

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
why do single core cpus slow to a crawl on face book games.i play tetris with my emachines w3107 and dell optiplex gx240 and both barely move when the game is in progress.once i go back to normal internet pages they are fine

Solution
It's more your your video card and possibly RAM, unless you have a very slow CPU. What are your system specs?

If you have a built-in video card AND a slow CPU, that's death for games.

kamui4697

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
hp 511w
intel celeron 1.4 ghz single core w/ integrated gpu/windows xp/512 mb ram
dell optiplex gx240
1.6 p4 single core/ati radeon 64 mb videocard/512 mb ram/windows xp
both are a crawl playing any facebook app

Yes, they would crawl. Those are very slow computers for gaming.

You don't really have any options aside from buying a new PC or paying a bit of money to upgrade.

The 1.6 P4, with a better video card and another 512MB ram (to get it to 1gig) may be able to run OK.
The games should have minimum specs listed somewhere, if the 1.6 CPU is too slow, I would not even bother upgrading the RAM and video card. You can get a much faster P4 system for a $100 or less on craigslist. If you do want to upgrade....

I'm assuming you have an agp slot in that thing and if you have full-size slot you can get something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814129137. Plus more RAM.

Maybe check craigslist or ebay for some used parts. Although if you go ebay, watch out for shipping costs, unless it's free, you can end up paying 2x for something due to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.