Solved! sirius xm on LG tv

Sep 5, 2018
I receive the following error when loading the sirius xm app: ERROR channel is currently unavailable...I hit OK and it takes me back to my login screen so I input my info and receive the same error,,over and over.

Solution

There are some apps on TVs that stop being updated, especially the older the TV gets. For example YouTube app no longer works on quite a few models of TVs with no support for it.
Sep 5, 2018

Yes I have reached out to Sirius support to no avail. Not to be rude but their tech support is very difficult to understand, English is not clear. I am able to stream on my cpu and also with my phone but not the LG tv UH7700 anymore. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe Sirius has changed some protocol on their TV app and LG needs to send out an update. How to get that info I am not sure. I'll try LG support next.

There are some apps on TVs that stop being updated, especially the older the TV gets. For example YouTube app no longer works on quite a few models of TVs with no support for it.

Solution
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks for the reply. I'm beginning to think that this maybe the case even though the TV is only 2 years old so I've uninstalled the app altogether from the TV. My solution is that I'm streaming from my phone to my Onkyo receiver via Bluetooth and all is well. Maybe at a later date I'll reinstall the app just to check it out, we'll see...Thanks again.