Skylake pc build under £200

Random_Tobstar

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
Im looking at building a pc with a mobo intel skylake under £200 i was wondering if this build works i would also like some advice on a psu. I want to be able to build on this cuz i will get a job in a year (im 15 atm) so i will get a new processor and gpu then but i want the psu and mobo to be ready for that. I've got an old Compaq that im going to strip for the case and stuff the hd in the build im getting a few of those for free all the outer parts are being brought from newegg.
In short: Is the mobo and cpu compatible

Userbenchmark PC Build Comparison
Baseline Bench: Desk 47%, Game 14%, Work 23%
CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 £43.99 (ill get a better one when i get a job)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 510 (Intergrated) I will get one when i get a job
HDD: WD Blue 500GB (2010) (getting free)
SDD: Will be added when i get a job
MBD: Asrock Z170 Pro4S £53.99
Psu: advise me
Total: £97.98

Solution
What are you getting the system for now if you will be upgrading everything in it? Why not just wait till you can build a full system? Seems a waste to buy a CPU when you are replacing it soon unless you just need a computer now for something and can't wait. Things like a power supply and motherboard you can get now, case, optical drive, mouse/keyboard, but a "holder" CPU or video card would be a waste I think, unless you need the computer now and can't just use what you have been using.

User3335

Estimable
Sep 10, 2014
For psu you can get a 550w evga power supply because you are going to buy a graphics card or you can get away with a corsair CX 430 for a PC without gpu. The mobo and the CPU are compatible.

Mitchell Downes

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
Don't cheap out on a PSU. When you get a job, what CPU/GPU are you considering?
Also, with that mobo, you will need DDR4 RAM
Do you have a CPU cooler?
If you let me know these details, it would make it easier to choose.

What are you getting the system for now if you will be upgrading everything in it? Why not just wait till you can build a full system? Seems a waste to buy a CPU when you are replacing it soon unless you just need a computer now for something and can't wait. Things like a power supply and motherboard you can get now, case, optical drive, mouse/keyboard, but a "holder" CPU or video card would be a waste I think, unless you need the computer now and can't just use what you have been using.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS