Skype default log in name changes itself

solquiff

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
Hi, On my Skype there are 4 log in names, two are mines and 2 are ones friends have used in the past when using skype on my computer.

I only use one of the log in names and usually it is always the default one.

Recently however, I opened skype and kept putting in my password but it kept saying it was wrong, after 5 minutes I realized that the username that automatically appeared was my old one which I never use (it is quite similar to my current one). This has never happened before. How could this have happened? I assumed that the log in name that appears would be the one I last used to log on? This doesn't seem to be the case though. Was this just random? Weird as it has never happened in the past. I restarted my computer and the same username was the 'default' one, I then restarted the computer again and this time the 'default' username was the one that is normally always there.

Today, the same thing happened, but with one of the other log in names. It has been years since that as used to log in so I dunno why it would show up as the default one.

Thanks

Solution
Perhaps someone has sniffed out your older login names and is trying to use your service or otherwise "hack in".

Or perhaps some glitchy update mixed things up a bit.

If you research (aka "google") words such as "Skype hack login" etc. you will find that there are lots of problems and "how to's" out there.

In either case, I would delete all old login names (and your your friend's logins as well) and set new logins with new passwords.
Perhaps someone has sniffed out your older login names and is trying to use your service or otherwise "hack in".

Or perhaps some glitchy update mixed things up a bit.

If you research (aka "google") words such as "Skype hack login" etc. you will find that there are lots of problems and "how to's" out there.

In either case, I would delete all old login names (and your your friend's logins as well) and set new logins with new passwords.

Solution