Skype Founder: Microsoft Has Huge Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
He's right. Skype has a lot of room to grow - and potentially displace other competitors like FaceTime. Its quality is quite good by itself already, but it *can* be improved.

Now of course, we have to hope that North American telecoms don't ruin the whole plan. I'm looking at you, Canadian telecoms.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]ff32rasdfwerf[/nom]TOM! WHEN WILL YOU FILTER THESE FUCKIN SPAMMERS?!!?!?!TOM! WHEN WILL YOU FILTER THESE FUCKIN SPAMMERS?!!?!?!.....TOM! WHEN WILL YOU FILTER THESE FUCKIN SPAMMERS?!!?!?! JUST SAYING......[/citation]
They should inspire people report spam, not thumbs down which is up to the opinion, just if spam or not, and auto hide with that. Inspire by a point reward, as expressed in this Tom's feedback:
http://feedbacks.tomshardware.com/forums/14581-site-forum-ideas/suggestions/1687631-readers-helping-fighting-spam
Vote for it, maybe they will implement it sooner rather than later.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]ff32rasdfwerf[/nom]TOM! WHEN WILL YOU FILTER THESE FUCKIN SPAMMERS?!!?!?! JUST SAYING......[/citation]
Agreed...AND fix the thumbs up system.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]They should inspire people report spam, not thumbs down which is up to the opinion, just if spam or not, and auto hide with that. Inspire by a point reward, as expressed in this Tom's feedback:http://feedbacks.tomshardware.com/ [...] hting-spamVote for it, maybe they will implement it sooner rather than later.[/citation]
I've been reporting spammers for a long time... The net result can be seen as we "speak" (which is nothing).
They need to remove that "report" button, as it does no good.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Agreed...AND fix the thumbs up system.[/citation]
It's been fixed since yesterday... I know, I wasn't expecting it either.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]I've been reporting spammers for a long time... The net result can be seen as we "speak" (which is nothing).They need to remove that "report" button, as it does no good.[/citation]
If they gave the report button some power, similar to the thumbs down, it might get some good. And since it's not a mater of "this is a troll / this is a good post", it's just "spam/not spam" issue, it could work fast with the proper people reporting. Those with the "Chief of the Watch" badge for example *parades around showing off the new badge*. And people could be able to get this "trusted spam reporter" form easier, maybe just reporting correctly 10 spams, while the "Chief of the Watch" would be one hit kill in power and still get reward points for helping. Kill I don't mean delete post, just as simple as hide it till paid moderators wake up. Let's see the spammers making it through all readers like that. They would be affecting what, the first 4 readers, hehe. If the post is hidden because of being marked as spam, people would not even be tempted to open it and reply to flame wars.

Banned the guy and the other two sitting behind his IP who were also users here.

Post as a guest and If I tie your IP to the guest you had better have a good reason for trolling me.

That was my 1001'st spammer nuked ... in 6 mths of active duty.

Thats like 8 tours of Nam ... I have shrapnel wounds ...

Be warned.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]reynod[/nom]Banned the guy and the other two sitting behind his IP who were also users here.[/citation]

Need an auto-ban script that blocks anyone posting a link to "bingstore.us".

Status
Not open for further replies.