Skyrim Beta 1.9 Offers Legendary Difficulty Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
too late. already finished it and no replay value here. got bored halfway through the game when my character became too strong and could sneak-kill dragons to death in 1 hit with a dagger or arrow.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]s997863[/nom]too late. already finished it and no replay value here. got bored halfway through the game when my character became too strong and could sneak-kill dragons to death in 1 hit with a dagger or arrow.[/citation]

yea... you get a bit to powerfull in this game...

i really wish combat was ai driven, and not spongy.... where you add dificulty level, instead of the enemies doing more damage and you doing less, they get smarter...

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Skyrim is undoubtedly the most expansive game ever made. Yes we can all pick holes in it, but when the last game that gave you such a consistent WOW factor? Be glad that a game developer is still supporting, updating and trying to improve the overall experience rather than just dump a game on users whether it is finished or not and walking away. We would all like to be able to climb over the mountains such as in Assassins Creed, and walk like we are connected to the ground, along with many other things but the game even as it is, is still the most open and interactive out there and has stunning graphics (especially for this genre).
There is also the argument for the mod community that has already fixed and improved much of the errors found within the game as well as having added masses amount of extra content. You could spend months just trying out different combinations of mods and seeing how they effect the Skyrim world and your interaction within it.

As for replay value, there are more than just a few races to start with all with different skills and bonuses. You could also decide that the skills you developed with your last character are now to be avoided, forcing you to play in a completely different manner.

No replay value? I think you have no imagination...

abbadon_34

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
This was a great game, two years ago, but after finishing each build, dremora, and major quest lines, its time for a sequel. The online trailer made for an awesome movie trailer, for otherwise seems like hackneyed scheme beneath Bethesda.

lemlo

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2010
I'd really like to start "lost to the ages" from dawnguard. I'd also really like it if I didn't have to start a new character to do that. Anyway, still love the game. Glad they released at least one more patch. Hopefully a smart enthusiast will write an unofficial patch like someone did for oblivion.

nilfisktun

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
Gahhh, how did they not fix the dual wield bug?!

It just sucks that you cant set up two different blades on hotkeys, but instead need to manually equip one by one every time you switch to something else.. At least its fixable with mods, but please, how can they miss such a huge bug??

Awsome game btw, and cant wait to play ESO!

topupthescore

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Reinstalled and modded the heck out of it, this past week.

It now looks (graphics) amazing. Definitely worth laboring over finding the right lighting overhaul and ENB.

Starting to actually play now, fresh as if for the first time.

It still feels weird .. combat is way too easy, missions are straightforward with zero twists and no opportunity to negotiate or deal with any situation except by killing everything, even if there seems to be no point to doing so.

Inventory screens, accessing favorites, and laboring over the map all breaks the immersion, specifically due to how it was implemented (and no, mods did not magically fix all this).

Economics of Skyrim mod might have made gold scarce enough to be interesting now, it remains to be seen.

I dunno, I think I'm just incapable of "getting it".

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
so, now this legendary allows this game to be difficult? like, they way it should have been from the start? Cant say this is a bad thing. When I first played skyrim, I like most people expected a hard game where you die alot. was dissapointed when I rolled through the game(though main quest sure was entertaining.). Might reinstall the game to give it a go on this difficulty. that is IF the legendary difficulty makes the game harder. Im not familiar with CoD prestige thing, so Ive no clue what the second paragraph meant.

JeBuSBrian

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
I've still never managed to get through Skyrim. On three separate play-throughs, I've gotten only as far as that diplomatic party in Solitude, and I end up having no further interest. I can't understand why. I've loved the past few TES games.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]will Skyrim ever be bug free ?[/citation]
Will any piece of software ever be bug free? The answer is generally no. Maybe you could make a bug free Hello World program, but even then, the underlying compiler and operating system will still cause bugs, especially in a variable deployment environment.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Games that trick OCD like skyrim does, grrrr...
well, they tricked me, indeed they did... even though I was really really trying not to get hooked into leveling up, via cheats and such, I did get hooked up...
But, yes, awesome game anyway! Deserves all the hooked up that got me to.

CheesyHotDogPuff

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]will Skyrim ever be bug free ?[/citation]
Bethesda games will never be bug free, it's just a sad fact of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.