Slip of the Tongue: HP Exec Mentions 'PalmPad'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Palmpad, that is even worse than iPad.
Why not go with something original like leaflet(makes it sound green while being mixed with tablet). The product is basically a green computer that can process basic tasks. Plus the word is also something that is about the same size as a tablet.

helldog3105

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Isn't there anything that can be done about these stupid spammers? I know there is code you can implement to catch them and ban them, why don't you turn that function on? Save us all the time of thumbs downing them in to oblivion.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
ha ha ha apple starts something and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon...it's a same that all these companies can't be creative anymore

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Based on the context, I highly doubt he meant that they'd be calling it a "PalmPad."

Rather, it's like Steve Jobs stating at a board meeting that they're planning to release an iWalkman in the third quarter of 2001.

kezix_69

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I think they should just call it the "FacePalm." It's made by Palm and you hold it up to your face and it's funny. Why the hell not? DOIT NOW!!!!!!

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
are there any worthwhile apps on the palm OS?

why not use windows xp or windows 7 starter. and if it is too low powered, then android or windows mobile. Windows mobile can scale to any resolution and has a crap ton of freeware.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Haserath[/nom]Palmpad, that is even worse than iPad.Why not go with something original like leaflet(makes it sound green while being mixed with tablet)[/citation]
That may actually work, but instead of Leaflet, call it the Leaf.
The Palm Leaf.
And rename the OS as Coconut, (with a shell, lol).
Would make for some weird jokes.

G

I still like the Slate name personally.

I was hoping to Blackberry to call their the RIMJob....but no luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.