Slot on motherboard

Karol159

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
I've recently opened my laptop (Asus N750jk) to vacuum fans. I've found on motherboard empty slot called ssd. It looks like m.2 slot or something similar, but there is too little space to install m.2 ssd. Does anyone know what it might be?

Solution
judging by the "SSD" label your laptop had an option for a m.2 ssd (specific size to fit in that laptop). that slot also can be used for a wifi card in some models. these are typically not universal as they are usually the bios only detects and allow devices that came with that specific laptop. so usually to use it you have to get the exact model of what was sold with that laptop for it to work correctly.

maxwellmelon

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
judging by the "SSD" label your laptop had an option for a m.2 ssd (specific size to fit in that laptop). that slot also can be used for a wifi card in some models. these are typically not universal as they are usually the bios only detects and allow devices that came with that specific laptop. so usually to use it you have to get the exact model of what was sold with that laptop for it to work correctly.

Solution