Slow sony vages 12 render times? HD 7870

runedj4

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Hey I am getting some really slow render times here and have no clue why.

I use the main concept mp4 internet 720p render template and even enabled GPU Acceleration, but it take a 1 min clip almost 3 mins to render what is going on here, even my old apu a8 HD 7750 machine rendered faster than this.

System
gpu: HD 7870
cpu: Fx 6300
ram: 8 gb 1600
and I even have a second hdd I render to? also my Catalyst Version 13.12

Solution

runedj4

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

that's not the problem, as I always as stated my 7750 rendered faster then this, same with my old 6870 rendered videos faster. This makes no sense to me, as the 7870 should do it faster, especially with a FX 6300 instead of a crappy 2.5 GHZ A8.

I also said I use the main concept, the one they added to vages recently in version 12 I only customized it to use open cl in available and use the hd 720p preset. I also tried the sony AVC one the 720p one still no improvements and yes i enabled using the gpu if available. by the way it tells me open cl is available but it never fully unitizes my gpu either.

And also I have tried adding gpu accelerated effects still no improvements.

iineviidable

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

The GPU accelerated rendering is only done on the effects that are listed as gpu accelerated effects so the gpu more than likely did help with those effects but for the rest didnt do anything. But that processor rendering slower doesn't really make any sense, have you checked its load while rendering through something like core temp?

runedj4

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

You dont seem to listen, as I had better render times on an older machine, and worse hardware. ( 6870 + amd P2 quad core it ran at 3,2 ghz.) even my A8 apu machine rendered faster. and i also used the sony/avc that is meant to use more gpu still not much better at all. My card dose not overheat stays 40C while the render is going my cards fine went and play some ultra settings game today before trying the render again, I am about done with sony vages. any other programs you know of with the same capability that also use open cl better?

iineviidable

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

I know what you were saying, i'm 99% sure vegas does not use the gpu unless you use the gpu accelerated effects. And it is very weird that an older system had faster render time. i have a 780ti and the cuda has 0 effect in render time. Loiloscope 2 is a program that used cuda, not sure about opencl but theres a trial you can download and try. And it has a very intuitive interface, great program.

runedj4

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

Do its have proper key-framing like sony vages? I just need something like that, the kicker is I looked a little more and its not me my buddy still has his 6950 because the 7970 did the same thing. The only thing I know of thats is going more open cl focused is Adobe Premiere or whatever it is called. I just want something that has decent effects like sony vages and proper key framing.

iineviidable

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

It has legitimate key framing but not even close to the amount of effects Vegas has. You can do things like fades and other fairly basic effects, but for me it gets the job done no issue, now a days i only use vegas to render small clips that need more intense editing and import the clips into Loiloscope

Solution

runedj4

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

Works for me, I am trying it now. If you find anything else nice let me know thanks ^.^