Small Writing Laptop with Specific Requests

pccollector

Estimable
Oct 23, 2014
Hi!
I would like to have some recommendations for a laptop that can handle 1-2 chrome tabs and a window of Office open simultaneously. I just want a secondary laptop that I can use comfortably for long typing sessions. Preferably, I'd like a 10.1 inch laptop, but it seems that its hard to find one with a good keyboard. Here are the specifications I'd like to have on requests:

Intel Atom (2010) or higher processor, Celeron, or AMD equivalent
1.0GB for Windows XP, 2.0 GB RAM for Windows Vista or higher
Windows XP, Windows Vista, 7 (preferably) (No Windows 10)
Intel Integrated Graphics
5 hour or more battery life (willing to replace battery if an old model)
Comfortable keyboard with 95% of standard key sizes or higher
Hard Drive not required as SSD will be installed if serviceable
10.1" - 12.1" screen, preferably 1366x768 11.6"
Must not weigh over 3 pounds
Under $275

Must Run:
Google Chrome for Windows 7 or higher; Pale Moon for Windows XP/Vista
Microsoft Office 2000 (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint only; so Vista+ isn't a problem)

I've been looking at the Dell Latitude 2100 and the Lenovo X100e, but the former is of the 10.1" form factor and may have a cramped keyboard and the latter seems to have mediocre battery life.

Thank you for reading up on my strange request.

Solution
hello,
we sell the dell 2120- basically a 2100 with windows 7 rather than vista licensing. I have to say, the keyboard on it is quite small. These were originally used for school students and were okay for little fingers but not so much an adult to comfortably use on a consistent basis.
Maybe look into a lenovo X200, not the tablet model. it's about the size you are looking for, and it has an amazing keyboard.
you can usually find them refurbished condition for around $150-$200.
hello,
we sell the dell 2120- basically a 2100 with windows 7 rather than vista licensing. I have to say, the keyboard on it is quite small. These were originally used for school students and were okay for little fingers but not so much an adult to comfortably use on a consistent basis.
Maybe look into a lenovo X200, not the tablet model. it's about the size you are looking for, and it has an amazing keyboard.
you can usually find them refurbished condition for around $150-$200.

Solution