Smaller iPad Rumor Resurfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
"Still, a smaller iPad could provide a lower pricetag which in turn would allow it to better compete with Dell's Streak, Samsung's Galaxy Tab and other tablets with a small form factor."

I hate apple BUT

With Wifi iPads starting at $499 and Samsung Galaxy Tab's starting at $599 I dont think Apple's pricing is whats the problem.

FTR I think until the Galaxy Tab is $399 for Wifi edition it is an overpriced piece of crap. Been to several stores and played with several demos and they were all studdery, choppy, and laggy.

nukem950

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
So if there really is going to be a smaller iPad, then i have 2 questions:
Would the smaller unit be named the iPad mini?
Does that mean the iPod touch would be renamed the iPad nano?

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Lol, ipad should come in all sizes: 1", 2", 3", 4", 5", 6", 7", 8", 9", 10", 11", 12", 13", 14", 15" all the way to 60".
Make them black at first, then introduce white, then red, then blue, then green.
Then sue all other tablets.
Money money money!

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Highly unlikely there will be a iPad smaller then 10" screen (current size). True that Jobs has shot down rumors to only have it be true but I believe him when he says the current iPad size is optimal for the segment.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
A 7" 16:9/10 aspect ratio iPad with FLASH, so your internet tablet can actually SEE ALL OF THE INTERNET INSTEAD OF HALF OF IT, would be a killer. That iPad would be everything all tablets aspire to be.

However, Apple being Apple, are more worried about being "right" and vindicated in their anti-flash war, than bringing a good product to the market. What ever happened to pride in your products?

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Is going to be a less than 10" iPad like device running iOS 4? There already is. The iPhone and the iPod Touch. So what does Jobs mean when he says you will have an inferior experience on a smaller screen? Jobs would in a way be saying the iPhone is an inferior product. Either the 7" device will be considered a new product category with a new nomenclature or it will be iPad mini.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]"Still, a smaller iPad could provide a lower pricetag which in turn would allow it to better compete with Dell's Streak, Samsung's Galaxy Tab and other tablets with a small form factor."I hate apple BUTWith Wifi iPads starting at $499 and Samsung Galaxy Tab's starting at $599 I dont think Apple's pricing is whats the problem.FTR I think until the Galaxy Tab is $399 for Wifi edition it is an overpriced piece of crap. Been to several stores and played with several demos and they were all studdery, choppy, and laggy.[/citation]
All galaxy tabs have 3G. The cheapest iPad 3G starts at $629, that's $130 more.

tu_illegalamigo

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
Well, regardless of what is actually released, i`m sure everyone will eat it up like they do the other products, after all what goes better with Apple`s stuff than more of Apple`s stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.