Smaller iPads May Hit Stores This Holiday Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

harlequin6791

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
Um didn't we go through this already.. but in reverse?

A smaller iPad is called an iPhone/iTouch.
A lager iPhone/iTouch is called an iPad.

Wow they're creative over there at Apple.

aaron686

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Their first mistake was releasing the iPhone 4G JUST after the release of the iPad, rendering it worthless,then to realise the 4G is riddled with faults, rendering that almost useless. Now they're failing at covering it all up by releasing even more useless products to the market, before they focus on clearing up their iPhone Dilemma. I think Jobs is holding Apple wrong...

G

Or... they could just release a larger iPod Touch... the iPod Maxi!

willgart

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
This new device will be called
iMiddle ;)
and for sure, you cant take it in your hands, else the device stop working. its only for your private collections... :)

G

I honestly think the ipad's size is just right. What they need to figure out is how to make it lighter.

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
[citation][nom]harlequin6791[/nom]Um didn't we go through this already.. but in reverse?A smaller iPad is called an iPhone/iTouch.A lager iPhone/iTouch is called an iPad.Wow they're creative over there at Apple.[/citation]

This will be something in the middle called iPad Touch...

nukem950

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
[citation][nom]harlequin6791[/nom]Um didn't we go through this already.. but in reverse?A smaller iPad is called an iPhone/iTouch.A lager iPhone/iTouch is called an iPad.Wow they're creative over there at Apple.[/citation]

[citation][nom]ItsMeWhoComments[/nom]Or... they could just release a larger iPod Touch... the iPod Maxi![/citation]

No you got it all wrong. You see, apple has renamed the ipod Touch to the the iPad-mini.

Now seriously, I agree that apple has done some strange things in marketing and naming.

CircusMusic

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
I laughed hard when someone said "coming soon iPad mini" in reference to the iTouch... Now I'm on the verge of tears that there may have been truth in that joke..

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
The question at the end is pretty dumb. It's like you didn't read your own article. For e-books. The touch is way to small for extended e-book reading.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
So... replacing the ipod touch by a larger 5.6 and the smaller we saw a few weeks ago?
Seems like a bad idea no to have a 3.5 inch ipod touch.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Kevin Parrish[/nom]...5.6-inch and 7-inch OLED versions...[/citation]

1. Rename iPod Touch to iTouch (also voiding any replacement warrenties).
2. Name the 7in. version iPad Mini and the 5.6in. version iTouch XL.
3. ?????
4. Profit off fanboys.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]Will it have a user-replaceable battery? USB port? No? PASS.[/citation]

Don't forget lack of widescreen resolutions...

Status
Not open for further replies.