Smart home gadgets that help your garden grow

oa5RgKt.jpg

If you have gone as far as you can with your smart home or just want to make your garden as smart, this guide is for you. I’m going to show you the current crop of smart home gadgets that help your garden grow. They can work individually to concentrate on a single aspect of your garden or coordinate to make it all green and lush. All will help you keep your garden in great condition with minimum effort.

Bosch Indego robot lawnmower
I hate mowing the lawn. I like the result but hate the process, so the Bosch Indego robot lawnmower is definitely a product I could get behind. It uses rechargeable batteries and a neat navigation system that learns the layout of your garden and cuts the grass as it goes. All you need to do is lay boundary wire to keep it on the grass and it takes care of the rest.

Droplet smart sprinkler
If you live somewhere where watering is necessary to keep things alive as well as grow, the Droplet smart sprinkler might be for you. It can access weather data to decide whether it needs to water or not and can be controlled from a smartphone. The manufacturer claims the Droplet smart sprinkler keeps plants alive while using up to 90% less water.

Parrot Flower Power
The Parrot Flower Power is a moisture sensor that can monitor the health of plants both indoors and out in the garden. It can monitor moisture, humidity, sunlight, temperature and fertilizer levels and report back to an app via Bluetooth. It can also work with IFTTT recipes for a range of extra features.

Edyn Smart Garden System
The Edyn Smart Garden System is more a garden manager than gadget. It also monitors moisture, humidity, temperature and fertilizer levels but also does more. It runs on solar power and tracks the conditions, can switch a water valve for watering, access the weather forecast and even suggest ideal plants for your conditions and what plants work best in what position.

Green IQ Smart Garden Hub
Our final smart home gadget that help your garden grow is the Green IQ Smart Garden Hub. This device can control other smart devices and allows you to program them all intelligently or control from your smartphone. It works with sprinklers, lights, plant monitoring such as the Parrot Flower Power or Edyn Smart Garden System and so much more.

Those are just a few of the many smart home gadgets that help your garden grow. Do you use any that I haven’t mentioned? Let us know about them below if you do.

Smart home technology can do so much more than help your garden stay greener. Check out my Cheap and easy smart home night light guide or The ultimate guide to smart home motion sensors to unlock more potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status
Not open for further replies.