smart tv shutting off

frustratedinTO

Estimable
Oct 27, 2015
i recently bought my first smart tv..(westinghouse)...had an older tv ..and it keeps shutting itself off every few hours..especially at night..i am new to these new tvs so am not sure..i checked my settings and saw that my sleeper mode is off..so it is not that...just not sure if this is normal and that i cannot do anything about it or if if there IS something i can do to turn this feature off...and if it IS normal,need to know ..will it turn itself on in a while(because i always turn it right back on)..if i wait will it turn itself on..?..or is this a defect?..please get back to me anyone

Solution
If the sleep timer is off, that doesn't sound normal. I would first make a note of the time that it shuts off, then see when it shuts off next from when you turn it on and see if it's an exact amount or random. Random indicates a problem.

Other option is the remote is buggy and sending the power off command, so remove the remote batteries as well.

More than likely the TV is faulty, but this will help eliminate anything else.
If the sleep timer is off, that doesn't sound normal. I would first make a note of the time that it shuts off, then see when it shuts off next from when you turn it on and see if it's an exact amount or random. Random indicates a problem.

Other option is the remote is buggy and sending the power off command, so remove the remote batteries as well.

More than likely the TV is faulty, but this will help eliminate anything else.

Solution