smartphone security and malware issues

ebrock1516

Estimable
May 20, 2014
My question has two parts:

1. Which is the better security app avast or lookout? I currently have both on phone and lookout found a few problems in which avast did not.

2. And tht leads me to my second question. I have three malicious threats detected by lookout which I cannot uninstall or quarantine. they are com.cube.activity, com.android.systemservice and the one tht gives me the most problems and appears to reinstall the malware when i delete it com.uucun4470.android.cms are playstore as its titled under my apps to disguise itself. Any suggestions as what to do to get rid of them?

The phone is a chinese knockoff of the note 3

Solution

Recntly updated your note 3 or just bought it new? If yes then you are at risk. Virus has came...

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Recntly updated your note 3 or just bought it new? If yes then you are at risk. Virus has came inside within a ROM and any antivirus might not be able to remove it because it is acting like an system file/app and can't be removed. However I highly recommend to running a full scan with McAfee antivirus:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wsandroid.suite&hl=en

If it fails, it means risks get high when you are online. Hackers might get access to your device. Such virus won't be even erased after an factory reset because these are built-in system, even you had anti virus before update, nothing would be detected. Only one way to fix it is to reinstall full ROM (or say firmware/OS). You can search to do it manually or get it to manufacturer and tell them whats wrong.

By the way I don't use any anti virus on my smartphone because I don't bad apps. Also is your phone rooted? Also can you see this process in running apps?:

service-168x300.png

Solution

ebrock1516

Estimable
May 20, 2014

Yes I bought it new and your exactly right, they are acting as built in system apps and are running in processes. I do not have the phone rooted however. Ill try mcafee and if it doesnt work ill look into full ROM reload. TYVM