Smokescreen Renders Flash in JavaScript

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
This is actually pretty dang awesome.

Ran the SBEmail demo and it worked great on my current install of Firefox and Chrome.

I'd love to be able to ditch the plugin eventually, if we can get it all with Javascript + HTML5.

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
That's perfect! The performance is worst and will drain battery life even more than regular Flash, and so Ego Jobs will have a hard refusing a better flash plugin!

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]don't try to fix the fubared device. it's fubared.[/citation]
Apparently you haven't tried Windows Mobile yet. Windows Mobile brings new definition to the word FUBAR. Now Android on the other hand, is one tasty delicious mobile platform.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
"A mobile advertising company upset by the omission of Flash created a JavaScript library that makes Flash advertisements viewable on devices that do not support the format. "

I don't want the Flash pop up or advertisements!!!

Just give me the flash video and flash games!!!

Can they also include a filter to filer out the Ads?

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
ROFL ahhh javascript is the most unsecure programming language out there most malware writers using javascript exploits to inject that fake av into unsuspecting victims computers.
Javascript is much worse security wise than flash i have it turned off on all my pc's never had a malware infection.

G

@grillz9909: Of course nobody mentions that. That'd be like making fun of the retarded kid with one leg for not being able to run fast.

@techguy911: ask your mom if you can run a browser other than IE. That should solve your malware problem.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]techguy911[/nom]Javascript is much worse security wise than flash i have it turned off on all my pc's never had a malware infection.[/citation]

You can turn off your entire PC and even be more secure from a malware infection. By turning off Javascript you're crippling your web experience.

By the way that fake AV is not 'injected' into users' computers by Javascript, it's actually done by exploiting the stupidity and fear of inexperienced users who are terrified of viruses and malware.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]pharge[/nom]"A mobile advertising company upset by the omission of Flash created a JavaScript library that makes Flash advertisements viewable on devices that do not support the format. "I don't want the Flash pop up or advertisements!!!Just give me the flash video and flash games!!!Can they also include a filter to filer out the Ads?[/citation]

yeah, its called adBlock. oh wait... the ipad doesn't allow any sort of pluggin because you might find a way to deliver free content to the user without Apple holding your hand!! also. seeing as how it was an AD COMPANY that created, I doubt they want to include an AD filter...

G

This is actually pretty cool... I assume that you actually download the script to your PC, therefore, you have the makings of an awesome open-source Flash plugin for Linux. I'd love to ditch Flash, which unfortunately, is ridiculously necessary for a full-on web experience.

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]You can turn off your entire PC and even be more secure from a malware infection. By turning off Javascript you're crippling your web experience.By the way that fake AV is not 'injected' into users' computers by Javascript, it's actually done by exploiting the stupidity and fear of inexperienced users who are terrified of viruses and malware.[/citation]
There are some fake av's that are loaded onto users systems using javascript exploits i should know i have been a security expert for over 20 years.
Just check malware domains for yourself and see.

[citation][nom]Whycantadobedothis[/nom]@techguy911: ask your mom if you can run a browser other than IE. That should solve your malware problem.[/citation]
do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Status
Not open for further replies.