Smps fan stop spinning due to audio driver

Baburao66

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
Today i download via hd audio driver from asus website and when i extracted it some errors files ,but when i install it installs fine and audio driver working correctly, now the problem is when i turn off my computer and starts again at night the smps fan spins and stops again,i want to know that this happen due to via hd audio motherboard driver has some problem or what.

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Short answer, no, an audio or any other type of driver will not and cannot turn a PSU fan on/off or affect the speed of the fan in any way.

Baburao66

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
But when i uninstall the audio driver it spins correctly ,i think the audio driver has some problem because when my computer starts (iam using win 8.1) the audio driver start automatically and comes to taskbar,and when i click the audio menu from the taskbar the menu does n't show,then i have to go to the notification area and close the app,thats why i thought its driver related problem.

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
You could try downloading the driver from the manufacturer of your audio equipment instead of asus. Its most likely a realtek chip if that helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Apps General Discussion 1
P Apps General Discussion 1
kikani.kautik Apps General Discussion 2
P Apps General Discussion 2
rimartic Apps General Discussion 2
N Apps General Discussion 1
milan.vala94 Apps General Discussion 4
A Apps General Discussion 6
K Apps General Discussion 1
H Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 2