Question Snowball Ice Microphone // Sounds Muffled + Low Volume

xenoclix

Commendable
Apr 12, 2018
Hey all,

I bought a new Snowball Ice Microphone today for my son and put it into my laptop to setup. It "works", as it gets detected and i can record voice on it and so forth in OBS + Audacity.
The issue is (and i think it seems to be a common problem) is that the microphone is quite low/quiet when talking into it whilst the overall quality if muffled and sounds high Bass.
I have tried several internet "fixes" such as sound settings volume to 100 (was set to 95 previously) and upping the quality to DVD (was CD before - as i know some had telephone)
Also tried Voice meter and the VB cable plugin - that totally destroyed the quality overall (tried several preset ups)
I have upped the DB in OBS to +5-+7 which helps a little bit but still quite low and quality is shocking still.
I have tried the common delete the device and reinstall it - doesn't do it and sounds the same.

Running out of ideas - are there any other programs or things i could do. I think there was a couple other methods i tried but forgot. Been at it all day and its getting exhausting haha.

Thanks all!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Amir110hkr Laptop Tech Support 0
A Laptop Tech Support 0
Rveng Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 1
Mantill Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
tpasa70 Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 1