so I found these old speakers in my garage, are they useless?

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
In my opinion, they are trash. Even if you were an expert carpenter and were able to make a beautiful cabinet for them, they might still have magnet issues and definitely a pin hole in the paper. Then there is the issue of capacitors and such to make a crossover.

If you know any little kids, they might be fun for a kid's project.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Audio 2
C Audio 0
DeathTongue Audio 0
S Audio 2
nikhilshet Audio 0
H Audio 7
A Audio 2
S Audio 1
B Audio 2
A Audio 3
F Audio 1
D Audio 2
D Audio 5
S Audio 1
J Audio 3
L Audio 1
P Audio 1
M Audio 2
S Audio 2
N Audio 1
Similar threads
Question New home - How to connect tv to ceiling speakers?
Question Popping sound from speakers
Question Should I get a cheap soundbar or a cheap amplifier for my old speakers to make TV louder?
Question Can I reuse these satellite speakers as computer speakers?
Question my mic takes the input from the speakers of the earphone i.e my earphone speakers act as a mic
Question My Microphone is high pitched and I haven't found a fix.
Question Hello, I have AOC u2868pqu and also no sound coming out of the built-in speakers. I found out the speakers only work only when PIP/PBP is turned on
Same problem i have found my dz350, dvd lens and tray motor not working, i think its chip set problem
Some Speakers Not Found When Connecting Receiver
Found original Kardon Harmon sound sticks
Solved! bluetooth not found
Headphone buzz (temporary solution found but very annoying!!! and makes other tasks impossible)
New Home, Found speakers on the wall, no Idea how they work :(
Looking for a new gaming headset for PC. Have a couple I've found in my budget, need advice on which I should go for
I have a pair of 901 V speakers without the Equalizer. I have found a 901 IV equalizer for sale on EBAY, would the IV series E
Have correct updated drive acer aspire one win 7 starter but now says no audio device found
USB / Wireless audio won't work on Windows 7 (no output device found)
Need help repairing subwoofer (found internal short on PCB)
Audio Driver Not Found
Windows 7 device drivers not found

ASK THE COMMUNITY