Question So i plugged in my headphones to my laptop and it wont detect them

Jun 20, 2019
So i plugged my headphones into my laptop and it detect them and down in the corner it detects my microphone as a speaker and when i unplug it (my laptop has speakers) on the little speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner it shows a cross on the icon so i clicked it and it has some troubleshooting thing pop up and when i left it to troubleshoot it says i have no problems so i go to a website to help me. I went to audio setting and it does not show my headphones. I also tried other headphone. Thanks if you help me

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Runiczeal Audio 3
Sentyee Audio 0
sadra84 Audio 0
wimpymike Audio 4
UmmmYes Audio 2
P Audio 0
hong_kong_dusk Audio 4
randoom12 Audio 1
F Audio 1
B Audio 1
F Audio 1
J Audio 3
D Audio 2
K Audio 2
R Audio 1
S Audio 1
M Audio 1
M Audio 1
B Audio 1
S Audio 3
Similar threads
Solved! Headphones only work when plugged into External USB Microphone
Question Wireless headphones with AUX port makes buzzing noise when plugged in
Question the headphone not work when I plug in microphone
Solved! Headphones make a high pitch noise only when I plug it into the jack of my main Dell monitor.
Solved! When I plug in headphones with a mic through an audio splitter, it only picks one or the other to use depending on the order of plugin
Question headphones make whizzing high pitch sound when plugged in after a while
Solved! PC monitor still outputs sound through its speakers when I plug in headphones to it
Solved! Earphones loud when plugged in phone, quiet when plugged in PC.
Solved! Can I plug TRS headphones into TRRS input?
Solved! Audio playing on speakers even with headphones plugged in
Solved! Will I lose quality if I plug headphones and speakers into same port?
how can I watch a movie on my laptop and listen to it on my headphones plugged into my phone
Solved! Plug in Headphones
Solved! when i bought a new tv it has no headphone adapotor soi can not plug in my tv ears. I can only now plug it into the cable box
How can I plug my old amp to new TV with no headphone socket?
Have two headphones plugged in same laptop using aux cable one side working other headphone audio is good but dialogoues in mo
How about the speakers that are part of the friggin laptop playing when headphones are plugged in?
Laptop built-in speaker help. (Popping sound when headphones are plugged in)
I have a recording mic and headset plugged into laptop and now I can only hear sound from the mic in my headphones. The audio/
Problem with sound when I plug in the headphone (laptop)

ASK THE COMMUNITY