So the Facebook Phones Were Real After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
people still use facebook? that's SO 2010.

most cool people use telepathy nowadays. but it's so underground and exclusive

/hipster

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I hate facebook so much. It used to be a great service, back before my grandma and aunts were on it, and before every company had a page. Now it's so overdone that I avoid as much as possible.

Tesla1483

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
Christ, how needy/insecure are people nowadays that they seriously require this much constant validation? "This is what song I'm listening to now, aren't I cool?" "This is the cool place I'm at right now, aren't I hip?" "Look at this funny picture I took with with my friends, aren't I popular?"

Facebook has turned people into the biggest group of attention-whores I have ever seen. Why do you think anyone would ever actually care what song you're currently listening to? And it doesn't help when you can't turn on the tv for 5 minutes without hearing Facebook and Twitter mentioned 93 times. I'm listening to Open Face Surgery right now by Cryptopsy, anyone wanna become a fan?

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]Tesla1483[/nom]Christ, how needy/insecure are people nowadays that they seriously require this much constant validation? "This is what song I'm listening to now, aren't I cool?" "This is the cool place I'm at right now, aren't I hip?" "Look at this funny picture I took with with my friends, aren't I popular?"Facebook has turned people into the biggest group of attention-whores I have ever seen. Why do you think anyone would ever actually care what song you're currently listening to? And it doesn't help when you can't turn on the tv for 5 minutes without hearing Facebook and Twitter mentioned 93 times. I'm listening to Open Face Surgery right now by Cryptopsy, anyone wanna become a fan?[/citation]
Well I happen to love Cryptopsy...

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
I have an HTC phone. However, I really don't like that much integration with existing online services as it exposes more of my personal info to the public. This is how I view the new service.

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
The whole point of updating ur status would look like a farce a few years before from now. But facebook somehow managed to make that activity seemingly normal. But its soooooooooooooooooo kinda stupid! like, im in the bathroom right now oh no wait im in my kitchen. arrrgh darnit im in the bedroom aagain.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Well that is how the money market runs now & that is if it is popular you hurry up & stick a facebook botton for instant connection and you'll be right boy,to make more money that is for the company...Maybe apple's products should get one of these facebook buttons & they'll be even more popular???

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Facebook button?? That has the be the most useless appendage I have ever heard. Maybe next they can hardcode eBay and Youtube buttons on there. Make em tie straight into kernel code too.

G

yes just what i wanted............. a device that helps me identify idiots by strategic placement of a blue button, now if can just the microwaves to sterilize these folks.......

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]superblahman123[/nom]What?![/citation]
Well, it's between 17 and 27 days of standby time (depending of network type) if you don't touch the phone or receive any call. I guess that's impressive. I didn't test it, but I'm sure my BB Storm wouldn't last 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.