So Who is Left Still Working at Infinity Ward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
How rude. Considering the meh-ness of MW2, to be honest, I don't see them losing these people as necessarily a bad thing. Good for them, they'll get to go do their own thing, but I'd really like to see some new talent in the industry, and this is an opportunity for Infinity Ward to revitalize itself!

matt314

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I dont get what the deal is with MW2. It was a pretty standard game...
Glad to see that the leaders clearly played a role in making this game. Seems like alot of the developers had their allegiance with them, not the company.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
the people left could not make a game on their own. these are the people who do the grunt work, but all the design comes from people who have now left.

im sure we will see a new dev team in the near future, comprised of all those who have left. and i wouldn't be surprised if they try to take down COD (and activision) with their first release.

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Treyarch is still around, so I don't think the COD franchise is dead...yet.

I know some hate Treyarch, but I actually liked WaW a lot. The single player was sweet and the multiplayer went to level 70...and IT HAD MUTHA FLIPPIN ATTACK DOGS!!!! Suck it helicopters!

Call of Duty Modern Warfare games are over, at least with Activision. It will be interesting to see if Respawn does get the rights to the MW franchise or not.

Attach dogs!!!

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
A pity the idiots responsible for 'story' have all jumped ship. They ruined MW2 and should really have stayed at Activision to help screw that company a bit more.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]zachary k[/nom]in a few months all that will be left is the janitors.[/citation]

So Modern Warfare 4 will be a game about emptying garbage cans cleaning windows and janitor stuff... I can hardly wait lol

jossrik

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2002
This is probably just me as a non FPS person here, but it seems that people love their FPS games, regardless of how good the game actually is. MW3 will still come out, it's a cash cow, and it'll be mediocre, and people will eat it up.

flugelhorn

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
Really though... Someone at Activision maded a dreadful miscalculation when they played hardball with these guys. Now they have nothing. Whomever the "Brain Trust" was on that decision should get his arse handed to him with a pink piece of paper. He played a game of chicken and ended up as the goose.

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
the problem is that the ones that stayed are the easiest to replace ... everything else is the engine behind the project ... and what is any car without an engine? ... scrap metal on wheels

G

Meh.. Why is it big of deal for few lead people leave? Remaining senior member will be promoted into lead role while young and talent new artists will be able to join the company.

It is base level of artist or animation doing most of work anyway. Animation leads and modeling leads are more of superior role.

Status
Not open for further replies.