So why does my phone constantly say I am running out of storage space and yet my SD card is nearly empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

If you go to your photo app, you should have an option there about where to save files, while you may not be able to move programs to the SD card, you should be able to save your own files to it.

Lack of internal storage is a big issue with low end phones, especially since the space they list in ads is not "usable" space but total space including what the vendor installs and Android OS itself.

Looks like that phone has 4GB internal space, that is pretty much only enough for whatever was installed on...

flamingwarrior4

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Thank you for your reply. My problem is that I have tried, but I have a ZTE ATRIUM Android phone, and there is no option to move ANYTHING to SD card, which makes me wonder why they even have a slot for an SD card. I'm frustrated.

If you go to your photo app, you should have an option there about where to save files, while you may not be able to move programs to the SD card, you should be able to save your own files to it.

Lack of internal storage is a big issue with low end phones, especially since the space they list in ads is not "usable" space but total space including what the vendor installs and Android OS itself.

Looks like that phone has 4GB internal space, that is pretty much only enough for whatever was installed on the phone originally and maybe a few other apps.

Solution

blasem

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018

I've moved all the apps I could to sd card. Nothing else can be moved. Seems most apps prevent or don't allow moving. This is making my ZTE almost worthless. Plenty of room on sd card.
Help! Thanks.

timminschris541

Prominent
Jan 21, 2018
I have done and tried everything possible to get my android galaxy j3-6 to read sd card and nothing.Brand new sd ad and nothing.W.t.F.!!! IT SAIDS mounted but it's not.Ive factory reset 12 times and still not a dam thing.Ive done steps online and still nothing!
ANDROID) IS GARBAGE PERIOD!!!!!!

Mar 4, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.