solar charger circuits for mobile phones

Solution
how about just taking a NORMAL battery pack? I mean i have this http://www.amazon.co.uk/RAVPower-10400mAh-External-Thunderbolt-Incredible/dp/B009V5X1CE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385990084&sr=8-2&keywords=ravpower

it has 1 and 2 amp ports for fast charging works with everything that need usb and has the actual amount of mAh indicated ( i get 4-5 charges out of it for my nexus 4). it takes quite a bit of time to charge itself ( ~8.5 hours with 1.2amp wall charger) but the phone charges really quick and i think this thing is well worth it's price.

personally i think the whole solar power charger idea is kind of a gimmick and not yet developed enough. like the random bot/guy in the post above says, his advertised pack has 1300mah pack...

k01

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
you need a solar panel that has 5v, you risk of killing your phone if you charge with 6v instead of 5v. as for the amp i don't think there's a difference. i'm charging my phone with 2 amp charger instead of 1.2 amps that it came with and it's well alive.

ipwn3r456

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
k01's right. You DO NOT want to find any charger that is over 5v. It will kill your phone. For the amperage, it will be fine even if you have a higher amerage charger, it will be charged the maximum the device can handle.

firecureve

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Solar powered battery charger for cellphones! With small size, unique style and great portability, this solar charger has enjoyed great popularity .It has a high Conversion rate over 16%, which means it can transform the sunlight to the electricity very quickly. The 1300mAh built-in battery enables various digital products. It takes about 14 to 18 hours to charge the built-in battery full via sunshine, while 3 hours via computer or adapter. However it just takes 90 minutes to charge the phone full by this charger.

k01

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
how about just taking a NORMAL battery pack? I mean i have this http://www.amazon.co.uk/RAVPower-10400mAh-External-Thunderbolt-Incredible/dp/B009V5X1CE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385990084&sr=8-2&keywords=ravpower

it has 1 and 2 amp ports for fast charging works with everything that need usb and has the actual amount of mAh indicated ( i get 4-5 charges out of it for my nexus 4). it takes quite a bit of time to charge itself ( ~8.5 hours with 1.2amp wall charger) but the phone charges really quick and i think this thing is well worth it's price.

personally i think the whole solar power charger idea is kind of a gimmick and not yet developed enough. like the random bot/guy in the post above says, his advertised pack has 1300mah pack inside. THAT'S HALF OF A HIGH-er END SMART PHONE and it takes ~16 hours to charge that miniscule amount? I'll pass.
(

Solution

mehtaharsh92

Estimable
Feb 18, 2015

Hi Nourelkattan. I want to charge my 5V 1A Device through a 6V 4.5Ah battery and I have also designed circuit for the same but not happy with its performance. Have you tried this same thing?