soldering iron dual voltage

Mar 28, 2023
I have one of these soldering irons and the heating element is snapped. Changing it is easy enough but the iron is rated at 110/220V and replacement elements are listed as either 110 or 220. Which to choose? We are on 220 here (or 230) but is the iron reducing the voltage internally to 110?
Any ideas please. I can always buy a new soldering iron but this one is almost new and it seems a waste. Maybe I'll try both and see how the thermostat control likes it.

https://www.amazon.es/-/pt/gp/product/B08KDP5SK5/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mar 28, 2023
Finally delivered and fitted but hardly gets hot enough to melt the solder. I should have stuck a meter on it in the first place.

Try a lighter gauge tip or use the iron in an area where there is no wind to cool the tip down when heated.

Use quite a bit of solder to condition the tip the first time.

Also, remove the new tip and use some very light sandpaper curled into a tube to remove any rust or buildup inside the end of the soldering iron, then put the new tip back. It might not be making good contact inside to transfer the heat.

Try wiping a tiny bit of heatsink paste on it ... LOL (TiM).

Hope this helps.

Mar 28, 2023
Try a lighter gauge tip or use the iron in an area where there is no wind to cool the tip down when heated.

Use quite a bit of solder to condition the tip the first time.

Also, remove the new tip and use some very light sandpaper curled into a tube to remove any rust or buildup inside the end of the soldering iron, then put the new tip back. It might not be making good contact inside to transfer the heat.

Try wiping a tiny bit of heatsink paste on it ... LOL (TiM).

Hope this helps.
It is a brand new soldering iron, dual voltage, adjustable temp. Broken ceramic element on delivery. I always condition the tips properly, but even at 400+ (in the kitchen - no wind) it was hardly hot enough to melt the solder.
No too worried, I have several.