Solid Gaming Headsets with good sound quality to detect opponents

aChan

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
Hey! Are there any solid Gaming Headsets for the PC with a 7.1 channel out there around the $100 range or under that have good sound quality such as being able to hear footsteps and nearby gunshots?

Ohh OriginaLz

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
First of all I would like to say that 7.1 surround does not help in games. I have tried it on my Astro A40's 2015 and it just doesn't work the way you expect it to. If you are going to be playing FPS's I suggest going for the SteelSeries Siberia v3 Prism, compared to the Astro A40's that I own the v3 Prism headset is amazing. It is great, you can hear footsteps really clearly and the bass on them makes the game that extra bit immersive.

Amazon US- http://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Prism-Gaming-Headset-Cool/dp/B00O07QAJE/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439491528&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=steelseries+syberia+v3+prism 90$

Edit: I also forgot to add that they have RGB's on the outside that you can set to react to the sound in game, or just have them on at a certain color or have them going through the colors of the rainbow.

if you want straight up advantage... get the audiotechnica ad500x and pair it up with a clip on mic. if you absolutely need surround sound get a xonar dg or u3 to go with it. if you wanted something with a bit more bass (which starts to take away advantage for footsteps slightly) check out the hd518.

the ad500x/700x/900x series are well known for giving excellent advantage in fps gaming due to a huge soundstage, good positional audio and not having much bass response which means hearing footsteps is easier.