Question Samsung Smart TV Smart HUB Fix (Apps Not Working)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ront112

Estimable
Oct 12, 2015
Hey all....

This is a fix for those of you with a Samsung Smart TV and facing Smart Hub Issues.

Your apps may not be working or not showing, up even though your internet and network are fine.

Plus you get a "Function not available" message when trying to reset. (quick fix for this is to change the 'source' to TV and try again.

Anyway, after speaking to Samsung support, they gave me an awesome fix.

Please follow the below steps:

1. Changing the country code other than US (ex. Zimbabwe). (INSTRUCTIONS BELOW)

2. Updating the Smart Hub app as per the respective country. (Allow the new apps to populate the Smart menus: this can take a minute or so depending on your internet speed.)

3. Once the Smart Hub is updated, reverting the country code back to US.

4. Again, the Smart Hub apps will update.

5. Launch apps and Enjoy!

I will provide you with the link which has steps on how to change the country code, please follow the link.

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber...odelname=UN65F9000AF&modelcode=UN65F9000AFXZA

If that doesnt work, just contact Samsung support. They can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dadster

d1n0_CR

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
Samsung Smart TV Smart HUB Fix (Apps Not Working)

Hi All,

This is what worked for me after all video streaming apps did not work (for US customers).

1. Under Network -> Network Status -> IP Settings
Change "DNS Server" to either: 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

2. In your router reserve your IP address for the TV (I was running DHCP) to (i.e.) 192.168.1.14

3. Enable your DMZ in your router settings for the TV whose IP address your just reserved.

Everything updated with no streaming issues.

Hope this works for you all!!

-d1n0

Srinivas_7

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
Hi,

I was facing a similar issue. This problem is mainly due to location settings in the TV. I assume this problem is faced if the location is set to USA. If you are in any other location please change it to your country and it should work fine.

I followed an alternative step which i think would be helpful. here are the steps:

1. Go to system>setup>enter your PIN.
2. Move forward till smart Hub terms and Conditions policy page.
3. Here Press the following sequence on your remote

MUTE , Return(kind of like recycle symbol) ,volume up( + ) , channel up( ^ ), MUTE.

4. You get a tab with different countries. select any country except USA.
5. Proceed till last step. its done!
6. Access smart hub and it should work.

Reactions: dadster

Denverj136

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Just go into settings and setup your TV like it's brand new out of the box. Smart hub will start working again

kytavares

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016

Hi there!
What if cannot download terms and condition, I mean in this step my tv gets stuck.

A_15_

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
Don't know if this helps but I had same situation with my Sharp TV. TV said connected but apps would not connect. After hours of tech trouble shooting from Sharp (Hisense actually) suport, ATT Uverse Internet support, Netflix support, Direct TV support.....No one could help and a TV repair dude was on his way...until I figured out my internet hub MODEM has an internal battery that keeps its settings. No one told me that. o all the modem resetting Ive been doing wasnt truly resetting modem. I removed the batt for a minute, put bak in, TV on....apps work now.

If this even helps 1 person, Im glad. Very frustrating for me.

Feb 24, 2021
Hey all....

This is a fix for those of you with a Samsung Smart TV and facing Smart Hub Issues.

Your apps may not be working or not showing, up even though your internet and network are fine.

Plus you get a "Function not available" message when trying to reset. (quick fix for this is to change the 'source' to TV and try again.

Anyway, after speaking to Samsung support, they gave me an awesome fix.

Please follow the below steps:

1. Changing the country code other than US (ex. Zimbabwe). (INSTRUCTIONS BELOW)

2. Updating the Smart Hub app as per the respective country. (Allow the new apps to populate the Smart menus: this can take a minute or so depending on your internet speed.)

3. Once the Smart Hub is updated, reverting the country code back to US.

4. Again, the Smart Hub apps will update.

5. Launch apps and Enjoy!

I will provide you with the link which has steps on how to change the country code, please follow the link.

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber...odelname=UN65F9000AF&modelcode=UN65F9000AFXZA

If that doesnt work, just contact Samsung support. They can help.

It tool several
Hi,

I was facing a similar issue. This problem is mainly due to location settings in the TV. I assume this problem is faced if the location is set to USA. If you are in any other location please change it to your country and it should work fine.

I followed an alternative step which i think would be helpful. here are the steps:

1. Go to system>setup>enter your PIN.
  2. Move forward till smart Hub terms and Conditions policy page.
  3. Here Press the following sequence on your remote

MUTE , Return(kind of like recycle symbol) ,volume up( + ) , channel up( ^ ), MUTE.

1. You get a tab with different countries. select any country except USA.
  2. Proceed till last step. its done!
  3. Access smart hub and it should work.

Took several tries at the MUTE, Return , volume up( + ) , channel up( ^ ), MUTE sequence, but I finally got the country selection screen. -- This fixed it. Thank YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.