Some BitLocker Encryption Questions

NoHotAshes

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
Hey everyone,

I want to use BitLocker so if someone jacks my computer they can't actually use it. I have two questions for anyone in the know: how badly does BitLocker decrease performance on an SSD? and is BitLocker safe to use with all programs? My main concern is Steam and their VAC system, I don't feel like losing my account with hundreds of games on it.

Thanks

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
1. There's no perceptible performance hit when using BitLocker.
2. BitLocker is completely transparent, your applications don't even know it's there.
3. Back up the BitLocker recovery key, loss of this key means permanent loss of your data should your PIN be lost.
4. Back up the BitLocker recovery key, loss of this key means permanent loss of your data should your PIN be lost.
5. Back up the BitLocker recovery key, loss of this key means permanent loss of your data should your PIN be lost.
6. Back up the BitLocker recovery key, loss of this key means permanent loss of your data should your PIN be lost.
7. Back up the BitLocker recovery key, loss of this key means permanent loss of your data should your PIN be lost.
8. Did I mention, back up the BitLocker recovery key?
9. Always keep a (tested) backup of your important data.