Some Galaxy Nexus Users Having Touchscreen Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Doesn't this seem more like a bug with the Heavy Gunner 3D game rather than the device itself?[/citation]
Yes, that's my thoughts, but remember, tom's is all about the iStuff, so they have to fabricate negative press on this thing...

G

Sounds like there's a process that doesn't shut down properly. Or the OS isn't taking back control after the game quits ( and the game doesn't specially give it back either ).

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Need to change the title of this article to "Heavy Gunner 3D players are experiencing problems with their Galaxy Nexus".

This will stop people from downloading the game and experiencing problems on their Nexus phone. :)

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
[citation][nom]zybch[/nom]Doesn't this seem more like a bug with the Heavy Gunner 3D game rather than the device itself?[/citation]

Allowing an application to interfere with touch screen sensitivity when it's still in the background IS a bug in the OS.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]xbeater[/nom]Yes, that's my thoughts, but remember, tom's is all about the iStuff, so they have to fabricate negative press on this thing...[/citation]

Sigh. Tom's is not all about the "iStuff." As far as the news team is concerned, I have a Nexus One (for my sins, it feels like there's a new problem with it everyday), Kevin has a Droid 1 and an Xperia Play, Marcus has a Nexus S, a Galaxy Nexus, some breed of Motorola Droid and an iPhone 4. Not sure about the others.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
The millions of excuses by Droid fans starts again, waiting on the millions of attacks against iPhones...

No real focus on the news and technology just cheering and jeering.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
If the bug persists after you exit the game, it's an OS bug.

Because if the game is able to bug up your whole device, it's an OS/UI glitch and any other app could technically cause it to happen too.

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]The millions of excuses by Droid fans starts again, waiting on the millions of attacks against iPhones...No real focus on the news and technology just cheering and jeering.[/citation]

Can't blame people when only one game was mentioned in the original article and nothing else was mention about any other game. Even the editor realized his mistakes and added additional information and apologized. However, your post just indicated how bias you by assuming that all negative comments are from "Droid Fans" when the full information has not been provided.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
zblade: Can't blame people when only one game was mentioned in the original article and nothing else was mention about any other game. Even the editor realized his mistakes and added additional information and apologized. However, your post just indicated how bias you by assuming that all negative comments are from "Droid Fans" when the full information has not been provide

Actually the video mentions more than one game, and it also mentions and demos that the touch app AnTuTu Tester also has this issue. The additions of other games by the author is great, but it is clearly stated in the video there's an issue with more than one game (mentions them) and non-game apps (demos this).

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]mathelli[/nom]I love my GN! Best Android phone out of the 11 I owned![/citation]
Damn! You must be dropping your phone every other day!

Status
Not open for further replies.