Solved! Some keys on keyboard not working

Apr 16, 2020
Hi , asusu n53sm laptop , some keys not working , and when i playing a game on steam some how it fixed but after that not , i try updating drivers , and turning of filter keys , and guys those keys that arent working ... dont show up even with alt codes but they are working with external keyboard .... ... anyone know how to fix this ?!

Solution
Sounds like the keys on the keyboard are bad. Try re-seating the keyboard connections to the motherboard, can also boot off a Linux Live usb stick and see if they work under that OS. Test it for a while.

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Hi , asusu n53sm laptop , some keys not working , and when i playing a game on steam some how it fixed but after that not , i try updating drivers , and turning of filter keys , and guys those keys that arent working ... dont show up even with alt codes but they are working with external keyboard .... ... anyone know how to fix this ?!

What do you mean about "not working"....do they give you different characters / numbers or does nothing happen when you hit them?

If nothing happens, it is probably a mechanical failure.

If you see odd characters or #s, maybe you changed your keyboard language (Windows logo key + space bar) or hit a numlock key which changes regular keys to #s?

R